Man Utd are one of the sides to have been linked with a move to sign Joao Felix in the January transfer window.
Joao Felix insists that he is fully focused on the World Cup with Portugal, amid reports linking him with a move to Manchester United next year.
The 23-year-old could leave Atletico Madrid in January after a breakdown in his working relationship with manager Diego Simeone.
Atletico spent a whopping €126 million on the Portuguese forward three years ago and would be looking to recoup as much of that as possible if Felix is sold next year.
The huge price tag has seen United linked with a move as they go in search of a new attacker, but Felix insists he is committed to the World Cup rather than discussing his future.
“I’m completely focused on the World Cup,” he told reporters on Tuesday. “My agent doesn’t tell me anything about what’s going to happen, nor does he want to. I need to be focused on the now to play a great tournament”.
However, Felix did appear to hint that he would be happier away from Atletico if an opportunity were to arise. He added: “The way of playing with Portugal and then at the club is different. When the conditions are favourable, things go better.
Speaking earlier this week, Atletico CEO Gil Marin admitted it might be in the player’s best interest to leave the club next year.
“He is the biggest bet this club has taken in its history. I personally think he’s a top talent, a world class player,” he told TVE . “For reasons it isn’t worth getting into – the relationship between him and the boss, the minutes played, his motivation right now – it makes you think that the reasonable thing is that if there’s an option that’s good for the player, good for the club, we can look at it. I’d love him to stay personally, but I don’t think that’s the player’s idea.